Overseas Compliance


Our relocation team will be on hand to help you get all your paperwork sorted before you arrive in the UK so you’ll be ready to teach. 

As an initial overview these are the key things you’ll need!


Make sure we have your most up to date, UK friendly CV/Resume preferably in a word document.

Advice on how to structure your CV.


Our online application form should only take about 15mins to complete. Please make sure you provide appropriate reference details on your form.  
Right to work in the UK

You will require one of the following: 
UK Passport 
EU Passport
UK Visa – Our team can offer general advice on what visas you may be eligible for, but all visa applications must be completed by the individual applying. 
Apply for a visa from outside the UK.


We require a minimum of two professional references. These must include your current employer and cover a minimum period of 2 years or back to the point of qualification. Referees must be a Principal/Head teacher or senior manager. All references must be from professional email addresses.

Teaching Qualifications

We will need to see your original teaching certificates or academic transcript. Certified copies will be accepted so you can keep your documents at home. If you are eligible for UK Qualified Teacher Status you can apply for your certification online.

Police Check

You will need to have a police check from your home country (this needs to be within 6 months of departure). You will also need to provide police checks from any other countries you have lived in for more than 6 months in the past 5 years. For advice on how to obtain a police check you can use the UK Government Criminal Record Checks For Overseas Applicants guide.

UK Police Check (Enhanced DBS)

Schools in the UK require all members of staff to hold an Enhanced UK police check (DBS). Before you leave, Career Teachers will email you with all the information to complete your DBS form online. This is the most important document to complete prior to arriving as without it you won’t be allowed in schools!

All documents need to be in English or certified, translated copies.