Career Teachers are recruiting for a SEND teacher to start as soon as possible on a full-time basis until at least Easter.
You will be working in an outstanding Manchester primary special school that caters for pupils who have significant additional educational needs.
The school has a strong culture of care and nurture combined with aspiration for their pupils. This is an opportunity to make a positive difference.
You will be teaching a class of 8 where there are children in Years 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. All have an EHCP plan and a personalised behaviour plan. Seven of the children are diagnosed as autistic, and the majority are non-speaking.
You will have the support of three teaching assistants in the class.
All children follow the explorer pathway. Year One National Curriculum content is delivered in a sensory and play-based style. Music and singing are used in sessions throughout the day to motivate and engage the children. Learning can take place as a whole group, smaller groups, or 1:1 throughout the day.
The successful candidate will be:
- A qualified teacher with QTS or QTLS
- Experienced in working in a specialist school
- An excellent communicator
- Committed to maximising pupil progress through setting high standards and by promoting effective teaching and learning
- A teacher with vision, creativity, drive and enthusiasm to develop the best curriculum for our pupils
- Committed to the inclusion of children with special educational needs and disabilities
- A reflective practitioner who drives their own professional development through their practice
- Able to differentiate for pupils with a range of learning needs
For your chance to a make a real difference, apply now with your CV.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted