SEND Teaching Assistant
Pay: £65 - £80 per day
Full time position to start as soon as possible
Career Teachers are seeking an experienced Teaching Assistant to work in a SEND Secondary school in Stockport. The school caters for children aged 11-16 with moderate learning difficulties.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual with a passion and drive to support children and young people in their education.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Provide tailored support and work with children with SEND
- Create a safe environment that allows the children to have fun, learn and succeed
- Supervise children in a classroom setting
- Work with groups of students under the supervision of the teacher including the delivery of therapy programmes of work and the implementation of ILP's
- Assist the teacher to ensure a safe classroom and outdoor environment
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of supporting children or adults with additional needs
- Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team
- Be someone who is enthusiastic and motivated to challenge, inspire and motivate students
- Be open to new ideas
Don't miss out on this opportunity
Apply now by sending your CV.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted