Learning Support Assistant
Pay from £70 per day
Do you have experience working with children and young adults?
Career Teachers are looking for enthusiastic learning support assistants to work in a Trafford Special Needs School that caters for students aged 11-16 with Severe Learning Difficulties, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties including complex medical needs and Autism.
The roles will be full-time from September, on a supply basis with the opportunity of becoming permanent.
In these Learning Support roles, your primary areas of responsibility will be to:
- Support and enable learning with the instructions given by the teacher
- Encourage the development of positive attitudes to learning through well-planned support, and other activities
- Have a creative and innovative approach to understand and supporting to re-engage disaffected learners in education and overcome barriers to learning
- Support the teachers for class and activity preparation
- Monitor students learning, social, emotional and behavioural progress against targets and report to the teachers of any positive and negative changes
To join us and be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Have Special Educational Needs (SEN) knowledge and/or experience working with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH); although not essential
- A strong desire to have an impact on the lives of vulnerable young people
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
- Be able to build strong relationships with both students and staff
Apply now with your CV and let us help you secure your next role.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted