Career Teachers are looking for positive and enthusiastic Learning Mentors with experience of working with children or adults with additional needs.
You will be working in a Trafford secondary school that caters for pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties, Moderate Learning Difficulties including pupils with Autism and Complex Needs.
The role of a Learning Mentor:
- To provide support for students who require help to overcome barriers to learning
- Deliver learning programmes and support individual pupils, small groups and whole classes during the short term absence of teachers
- Use specialist skills/training/experience to support pupils and assist teachers and give regular feedback on children's progress to the class teacher
- Ensure strategic processes are compiled with in order to overcome barriers to learning, including behaviour management
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working in settings catered to additional needs
- Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
- Be someone who is enthusiastic and motivated to challenge, inspire and motivate our students
- Be open to new ideas and be committed to working as part of a team
Secure your next role now and send us your CV.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
Access to Skills Network
Refer a friend scheme
Affinity Extra - Thousands of discounts on multiple high street shops including coffee and cinemas, plus other benefits and a Health & Wellbeing portal.
These benefits are applicable to those who are working with Career Teachers. You will gain access to the Affinity Extra this portal once you start working with us.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted