Are you seeking a new challenge? Career Teachers are recruiting a Premises Manager situated at a school Welwyn Garden City on a full time basis.
Responsible for the security of the premises and related Health and Safety, maintenance and cleaning within the school and providing an appropriate environment for students to work and learn.
- Be responsible for ensuring the security of school buildings, site and resources.
- Act as a designated key holder, providing out of hours and emergency access to the school site
- Arrange for general maintenance within specialist areas such as heating, lighting and plumbing to ensure safe and effective operation
- Responsible for regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment
- Responsible for regular maintenance checks and follow-up actions
- Manage the Schools maintenance requirements to support a regular and cost effective maintenance programme
- Responsible for contractors whilst on site and ensure work is completed to the required standard, co ordinating projects where appropriate.
- Purchase premises related equipment and supplies within agreed budget
- Responsible for the regular checking and operation of systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms)
- Arrange tenders and quotes and manage the appointment of external contractors
- Supervise and manage other premises staff (eg. Cleaners).
- Undertake risk assessments, ensure compliance within the school with all health and safety responsibilities for example COSHH, ladder, asbestos, legionella and asset register.
- Liaise with other school staff/departments on premises issues.
- Lead H&S induction training for all new staff.
- Responsibility for the coordination of lettings and seeking opportunities to maximise bookings.
- Monitoring utility usage and tacking action to reduce expenditure where appropriate.
- Act as H&S Officer and complete termly H&S checklist inspections
- Report H&S matters to SLT and Governors
Competitive rates of pay When you apply with Career Teachers, you will receive:
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk/
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a brand-new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £250/ £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
- Career Teachers follows Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12-week qualifying period. Please ask us for further details.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted