x2 Key Stage 2 Teachers
Year 5 & Year 6
January 2024 Start
Are you passionate about nurturing young minds through physical education? We have a fantastic full-time opportunity for a Year 5 Teacher in a dynamic primary school located in Hemel Hempstead.
Why Join Us?
- Our school, rated 'Good' by Ofsted and is known for its dedication to student development and staff progression.
- Benefit from excellent public transport links, including bus
Development and opportunity
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a learning support position that will challenge you to utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to develop varied approaches that help pupils understand the information presented.
You will be combining your knowledge of learning support and teaching techniques with your compassion and understanding of learning needs and, in some cases, difficulties to support pupils in their educational career and Teachers in their duties.
Using a mix of resources to inspire pupil's understanding, motivation and investigation of the lesson topic, you will ensure they get the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to achieve their learning objectives.
As a Primary Teacher you will:
- Motivate your class with enthusiastic and creative schemes of work using different methods of teaching, including group work, whole-class work, demonstrations, experiments and play.
- Be adaptable and committed to high standards of learning, teaching and behaviour
- You are creative, innovative with the ability to create a positive learning environment
- Exceptional communicator and able to work as part of a team assisting head of school and senior leadership
- Has consistently high expectations of themselves and their pupils demonstrating good or better classroom practice
- Plan appropriate and effective lessons ensuring all pupils are learning to the best of their ability. Engaging pupils throughout each class period encouraging them to listen, answer questions and complete set tasks or group work.
- Consciously set expectations for pupils' discipline and behavior in the classroom and around the school.
- Challenge and rectify inappropriate behavior following the school's behavior policy.
Qualifications and Requirements
All the below requirements are essential for this position:
- An Undergraduate Education Degree Or a degree in any subject and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE - Scotland)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Previous experience working with in a U.K. or equivalent Primary School
- Must be graded 'Good or Outstanding' in recent lesson observations
- Good understanding of the Primary curriculum
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
Access to Skills Network
Refer a friend scheme
Affinity Extra - Thousands of discounts on multiple high street shops including coffee and cinemas, plus other benefits and a Health & Wellbeing portal.
These benefits are applicable to those who are working with Career Teachers. You will gain access to the Affinity Extra this portal once you start working with us.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted