This a remarkable opportunity to be a part of a proactive and energetic team of Teachers, in Borehamwood, where they are looking for a Year 4 Teacher to statr now asap until July 2024.
At Career Teachers, our educationists team pride themselves on their dedication to ensure every child receives a first-class education and achieves their full potential. You will be expected to have knowledge and experience working across key stage 1 with full-class room responsibilities.
Development and opportunity
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a learning support position that will challenge you to utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to develop varied approaches that help pupils understand the information presented.
You will be combining your knowledge of learning support and teaching techniques with your compassion and understanding of learning needs and, in some cases, difficulties to support pupils in their educational career and Teachers in their duties.
Culture and inclusion
You will be working closely with class Teachers to plan the lesson and create innovative ways to ensure a supportive, creative learning environment where pupils can expand their knowledge and play a positive role in school life. With your knowledge and experience of supporting children, some with Autism and ASD, delivering a rounded approach. So, if you are ready to take on a new challenge with this rewarding role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Using a mix of resources to inspire pupil's understanding, motivation and investigation of the lesson topic, you will ensure they get the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to achieve their learning objectives.
As a Primary Teacher you will:
- Motivate your class with enthusiastic and creative schemes of work using different methods of teaching, including group work, whole-class work, demonstrations, experiments and play.
- Be adaptable and committed to high standards of learning, teaching and behaviour
- You are creative, innovative with the ability to create a positive learning environment
- Exceptional communicator and able to work as part of a team assisting head of school and senior leadership
- Has consistently high expectations of themselves and their pupils demonstrating good or better classroom practice
- Plan appropriate and effective lessons ensuring all pupils are learning to the best of their ability. Engaging pupils throughout each class period encouraging them to listen, answer questions and complete set tasks or group work.
- Consciously set expectations for pupils' discipline and behavior in the classroom and around the school.
- Challenge and rectify inappropriate behavior following the school's behavior policy.
- Create a classroom environment where pupils can work together to achieve their learning goals.
- Carry out administrative work, including keeping a register of pupils, updating records, and writing reports.
- Set and mark homework recoding completion and individual pupil progress.
- Participate in training and development sessions at the school, partner schools or other training organisations.
- Liaise with parents, senior leaders and external bodies concerning progress, behavior, child protection and health.
Qualifications and Requirements
All the below requirements are essential for this position:
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English, Math's and Science
- An Undergraduate Education Degree Or a degree in any subject and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE - Scotland)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Previous experience working with in a U.K. or equivalent Primary School
- Must be graded 'Good or Outstanding' in recent lesson observations
- Good understanding of the Primary curriculum
To Apply please respond to the advert with updated CV or alternatively email Thomas.Spencer@careerteachers.co.uk Position offered subject to referencing and updated enhanced DBS.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
Access to Skills Network
Refer a friend scheme
Affinity Extra - Thousands of discounts on multiple high street shops including coffee and cinemas, plus other benefits and a Health & Wellbeing portal.
These benefits are applicable to those who are working with Career Teachers. You will gain access to the Affinity Extra this portal once you start working with us.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted