- Teaching Assistant
- Full Time
Career Teachers are looking for proactive and energetic Teaching Assistants to join Primary schools in the borough of Southwark. The school are looking for Teaching assistants with experience of using read & write inc to support children in KS1,
As a Teaching Assistant you will have:
- Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment, and experience of using read & write inc
- A good understanding of the national Key Stage Curriculum.
- Sound understanding of child development and learning.
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
- The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
- The ability to monitor a pupil's response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- The confidence to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek new teaching methods.
- The ability to provide constructive feedback to pupils in a way that reinforces self-esteem.
- The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
- Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the college team.
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities.
- An interest in continuing your personal and professional development.
To be a good fit for a Teaching Assistant (TA) role, you will need to be:
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Well-presented and professional
- Positive and motivational.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Assertive and confident.
- Flexible and resourceful.
Successful Applicants will be subject to references and an up to date DBS with update service or be willing to apply for a new DBS.
For more information on this role please email Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
When you work with Career Teachers, you get:
Competitive rates of pay
Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
Opportunities to progress your career
Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £200 of Love2shop vouchers for every teacher & teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days
To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now, or visit Career Teachers.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit www.careerteachers.co.uk
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
your application has been submitted