- ASD SEN -Teaching Assistant
- Full Time
Starting in September this exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic SEN Teaching Assistant to join the teaching faculty at Ofsted rated Good Primary school in the borough of Lambeth, Providing you with the chance to work under the guidance of teaching staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils.
As a Teaching Assistant you will have:
- Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment, including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN) including ASD.
- A good understanding of the national Key Stage Curriculum.
- Sound understanding of child development and learning.
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
- The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
- The ability to monitor a pupil's response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- The confidence to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek new teaching methods.
- The ability to provide constructive feedback to pupils in a way that reinforces self-esteem.
- The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
- Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the college team.
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities.
- An interest in continuing your personal and professional development.
To be a good fit for a Teaching Assistant (TA) role, you will need to be:
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Well-presented and professional
- Positive and motivational.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Assertive and confident.
- Flexible and resourceful.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Previous teaching support experience with children within age range 3-11 years.
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
Successful Applicants will be subject to references and an up to date DBS with update service or be willing to apply for a new DBS.
When you work with Career Teachers, you get:
Competitive rates of pay
Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
Opportunities to progress your career
Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days. To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit www.careerteachers.co.uk
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted