Early years Teaching Assistant
Start date ASAP
£65-£85 per day
Career Teachers is working with a two-form entry primary school looking for an experienced early years teaching Assistant. The school is based in a diverse & vibrant community in the London borough of Lambeth close to transport links.
As an Early years Teaching Assistant you will:
- Hold relevant qualification level 2 or 3 in childcare
- Knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
- Observe and monitor children's activities.
- Supervise and provide support for all pupils, ensuring their safety and ability to access learning activities and understand the information presented.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education and behaviour plans.
- Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
- Actively promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils and staff, supporting diversity and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities for learning and development.
- Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities throughout the lesson.
- Set challenging expectations for pupils to exceed their expectations and achieve learning goals.
- Promote self-esteem and independence.
- Provide feedback to pupils about their progress and achievements under the guidance of the teaching staff.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment and assist with the display of pupils' work.
- Assist with planning learning activities and undertake administrative tasks such as photocopying, typing, and filing as needed.
- Provide detailed feedback to Teachers on pupil's achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policies, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Support the use of computer technology in learning activities and develop pupils' competence and independence in its use.
- Prepare, maintain and use equipment and resources required for learning activities and assist pupils in their use.
- Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils, including before and after school and at lunchtime/break periods.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on extra-curricular visits, school trips and after school activities, taking responsibility for a group of pupils under the Teacher's supervision when needed.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils alongside other support staff during the first day of a class Teachers' absence.
If you are interested in this role and have relevant experience please send a copy of your CV to Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days. To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit www.careerteachers.co.uk
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
your application has been submitted