SEND Teacher- ASC (Autism) Specialist
A primary school for children aged 4-11 with Autism (ASC) and associated difficulties is hoping to recruit an experienced SEND teacher in this field to cover a maternity leave from September 2021. The needs of the students include Autism (ASC) as a primary diagnosis but can also suffer from additional sensory and regulatory conditions.
The school is well resourced, supportive and keen to recruit a teacher who will be keen to contribute to the school culture and embrace their ethos. An understanding of TEACCH, PECS and Makaton is required, and those with exposure to or understanding of the ABA method are looked at favourably.
Interviews will take place in person after the half term break and applicants will be assessed as they apply.
- 2 term maternity cover contract
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognised by Naric
- Early Career Teachers (ECTs) welcome to apply
- Experience of working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting
- Understanding of PECS and TEACCH
- A patient and understanding approach and manner
- A flexible and amenable attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear DBS check
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential
- Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
- Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well-being and good welfare
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted