ASD/ SEN Teacher- Merton
Are you a passionate and dedicated Special Educational Needs and Disabilities teacher? Do you have experience working in a Special Needs environment with students with Autism? A 'Good' provision in Merton is looking for an experienced SEN Teacher for a KS1 ASD/SLD class to cover a maternity leave from October 2020.
To register your interest in the role, click apply NOW!
- £125-220 per day (in line with scale)
- AWR compliant rates of pay
- Immediate start available
The school is a multi-site provision which caters to students with a variety of needs, including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD). They also take on a number of students with additional diagnoses such as Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Needs.
Class sizes are small, with up to 8 pupils and additional support from Learning Support Assistants. The school is well resourced and excellent support is in place for both staff and students. For teachers who are ambitious and want to progress, support programmes are available to up skill you and boost your career.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS/QTLS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognised by Naric
- Experience of working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting
- A patient and understanding approach
- A flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Existing DBS check on the update service
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential.
- Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
- Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well being and good welfare
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted