SEND Teacher- Complex Needs
A large all-through school for children with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) is hoping to recruit an experienced SEND teacher in this field for their school for September. The needs of the students can include Autism (ASC) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)- understanding of those with sensory regulation disorders, using PECS, TEACCH and other communicative devices is key to a successful application to this role.
The school is well resourced and has a tight community feel. Staff turnover is low and both students and staff regularly feedback how well supported they feel. Given recruitment for this role will happen off the back of a period of school closures as a result of Covid-19, the school is keen to find members of staff who are flexible, amenable and come with a proactive attitude and team ethic.
This particular vacancy lies in a Year 9 class for very low ability students with severe needs. You must be able to demonstrate knowledge of assessment through P-levels, the ability to use Makaton and PECS fluently and an understanding of working alongside students with additional health complications.
Interviews will take place virtually and applicants will be assessed as they apply.
- Long-term contracts and permanent contract available
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognised by Naric
- Experience of working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting
- Understanding of PECS and TEACCH
- A patient and understanding approach and manner
- A flexible and amenable attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear DBS check
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential
- Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
- Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well-being and good welfare
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted