Learning Support Assistant- SLD- PMLD
Are you an inspiring, outgoing and resilient person, with a call to work with and make a difference to the lives of young people? If so I want to hear from you!
A secondary school for pupils ages 11-16 with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties is looking for committed, dedicated staff to work alongside their pupils for the new year. The work is challenging but rewarding- you will be making a significant difference to the lives of vulnerable young people, fostering independence and life skills.
The team ethos is that of collaboration and teamwork- there is always excellent support on hand for those who need it, or want their ideas and voices to be heard. Those who are ambitious and are looking for career progression can expect a school where their personal and professional development is supported with mentors, profession qualifications and progression planning.
Applications are encouraged from those with experience working in SEND schools, a background in care, residential support, as well as those with a vested interest in working within SEND in careers such as Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists and similar.
- £65-£80 per day
- Long-term contracts for 1 year
- September or immediate starts available
- A patient and understanding approach and manner
- A flexible and amenable attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Clear DBS check
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well-being and good welfare
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted