Special Educational Needs Teacher£140- 170 daily rateQualified SEND Teacher Needed ImmediatelyAre you a qualified Special Needs Teacher seeking a new opportunity for an immediate start?Career...
Special Educational Needs Teacher- Hillingdon
Are you a passionate and dedicated Special Educational Needs and Disabilities teacher? Do you have an interest in working with students with SEND? A specialist Special Needs school for children aged 11-18 in Hillingdon with complex needs is looking for a qualified teacher to start as soon as possible to teach within the Science Department.
If you are a SEN teacher, or a teacher of Science looking for a move into SEND click apply NOW!
- £120-198 per day
- AWR compliant rates of pay
- Immediate start available
The school is a large secondary school which caters to students with Complex Learning Needs (CLN) including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Cerebal Palsy (CP) and Global Developmental Delay (GD). They also take on a number of students with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). The school is well resourced and excellent support is in place for both staff and students, as well as excellent CPD opportunities.
This is a supportive, inclusive school which fosters independence in their learners. They do not follow the National Curriculum in the traditional sense, but instead arm their pupils with skills which will serve them in their day-to-day lives once they leave formal Education. There is a holistic approach to Education and a warm, nurturing atmosphere which they work very hard to foster. The turnover within this school is very low- this is a wonderful opportunity to join a knowledgeable and passionate team.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS Or QTLS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognised by Naric
- Experience of working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting
- A patient and understanding approach
- A flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Existing DBS check on the update service
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential.
- Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
- Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote wellbeing and good welfare
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.