SEND Learning Support Assistant (LSA) Essex£70 £85 per day rate SEND Learning Support Assistant for an immediate startExperienced in working with SEND students (Primary or...
Are you interested in working with disadvantaged pupils with physical disabilities (PD) and severe learning needs (SLN)? Our client is a Special Educational Needs school with an additional residential care setting attached. They look after students with Complex Learning Needs who may need assistance with personal care and feeding alongside learning support.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Support Worker to work within the service with children aged 4-18 who are assigned both a key worker and an individual support plan. Support Workers will assist residents with emotional support, developing their daily living skills and accessing opportunities and services in the community.
If interested in the role below, please click apply NOW or contact Career Teachers.
Support Worker: Responsibilities
- Complete personalised needs & safety assessments, creating person centred support plans
- Review needs assessments, risk assessments and support plans regularly
- Manage daily interactions and tenant queries in a way which provides reassurance
- Perform routine health, safety, security and surveillance checks to monitor well-being
- To handle incidents in a calm and professional manner and to record and report all occurrences.
- Ensure tenants are aware of all appointments and accompanied to appointments if needed
- Participation in a 24hr premises rota to ensure safety and security of tenants
- To co-ordinate and liaise professionally with associates, external professionals and other partner agencies as a matter of course.
Support Worker: About You
- Health and social care related qualification (e.g. NVQ)
- Experience working within a residential support environment
- Good knowledge of physical disabilities and the unique challenges you may face
- Knowledge of the Quality Assessment Framework (QAF) or Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Great administration and organisation skills
- Genuine desire to make a difference and help disadvantaged individuals to have better lives
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.