Graduate Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant- South East London
Are you a recent graduate with an interest in developing your experience in working with students with additional needs? Are you creative, from an acting, musical or sports background and need flexible work around your other commitments? If so, I want to hear from you!
The schools I work with are looking for resilient, outgoing graduates who are going to be present, engaging and enthusiastic about the support work they do within schools, when they are present. In return, they are happy to offer flexibility to allow people to audition and work in their preferred field when the opportunity arises.
We require a number of Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants for daily supply and contract work across South London. The schools we work with are SEND specialist provisions for students with additional needs. The work is demanding and varied, but also rewarding. You will work in class teams with 3-4 other members of staff and be responsible for both the educational and pastoral care of pupils. To maintain dignity, support in personal care may be required.
- £70-82 per day
- Immediate starts available
- A patient and understanding approach
- An interest in working with students with SEND
- Be flexible in your approach
- Existing DBS check on the update service- NEW DBS CHECKS CAN BE APPLIED FOR
- Existing experience working with children or adults with SEND advantageous, but not required
- Assist and support with the development and learning of students within the school
- Provide 1:1 and general support to students according to requirements for the day
- Work alongside other teaching and support staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment is maintained
- Be responsible for ensuring school policies are upheld including behaviour policies
- Personal care may be required depending on the school setting
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted