The school is a CE faith school with a local church and congregation attached. With this brings a great community and parent contribution. The...
Primary Teacher- ASD specialist School- Feltham
Are you a primary teacher with an interest in Special Educational Needs? Do you have experience of working with students on the Autism spectrum within mainstream settings? You may have a unit attached to your school, or you may have experienced students with Educational Health Care Plans (EHCPs) within your own class.
A SEND school in Middlesex, Feltham is looking for a primary teacher who is keen to take a step into teaching in a more specialist environment. The vacancy is within a Year 5 class of students with high-functioning Autism. Students are working at expected progress levels as their peers within mainstream education. Class sizes are smaller than a mainstream setting, with an average class of 10 pupils with 2 additional TAs to support students' learning.
This is a contract role for 15 weeks, until the end of the academic year.
To register your interest in the role, click apply NOW!
- £130- 180 per day
- Immediate start available
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS/QTLS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognised by Naric
- Experience of working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting.
- A patient and understanding approach
- A flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Existing DBS check on the update service
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential.
- Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
- Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well being and good welfare
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.