English Teacher- Special Educational Needs Setting
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an English teacher with an interest in working with students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. A brand new, state of the art SEND school has opened in Bexley with a need for a English Teacher from February. The SEND school works alongside a mainstream secondary school within the academy trust to provide an integrated curriculum for their students who all have Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD).
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of assessments within mainstream education and will be able to lead the way in integrating an adapted assessment model within the SEND setting. Class sizes are a maximum of 11 pupils with additional support in the form of a teaching assistant giving the teacher the opportunity to make a significant impact on their student's learning.
The school is well resourced and currently in a period of expansion and growth. This September, they moved into a new building and expanded to include year 9. Given this expansion happened off the back of a period of school closures as a result of Covid-19, the school is keen to find members of staff who are flexible, amenable and come with a proactive attitude and team ethic.
Applications are encouraged from those who would like to take a step up and progress within their teaching careers. A TLR is available for Subject Lead responsibilities. Interviews will take place virtually and applicants will be assessed as they apply.
- MPS-UPS Outer London
- Long-term contracts and permanent contract available
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognised by Naric
- Experience of working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting
- Excellent understanding of the National Curriculum and assessments across KS3-KS5.
- A patient and understanding approach and manner
- A flexible and amenable attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear DBS check
- Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
- Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well-being and good welfare
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
Benefits of working with us
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £300 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted