SEND P.E Teacher
Specialist ASD School - FinchleyJANUARY 2024
An 'Outstanding', specialist SEND School within Finchley are currently looking to welcome a P.E Teacher their team in January 2024. This will role be a fixed-term contract for 1 full school term, leading up until Easter.
- Full Time (Monday to Friday)
- 8.30am - 3.30pm
- £120 - 160 per day (dependent on experience)
- Rewarding role teaching students with a primary diagnosis of Autism.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or a recognised overseas teaching certificate
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the P.E Curriculum
- Experience working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting is desirable, however ECTs are welcomed to apply
- An understanding, patient and caring approach
- Flexible and hard-working nature
- Excellent communication skills
- Existing DBS check on the update service
- Experience of augmentative and alternative communication (PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method) are beneficial, but not essential
Why choose us?
- When working within Career Teachers, you will benefit from...
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses
PLUS! If you recommend a friend who's looking for a new role, we will thank you with Love to Shop vouchers: £100 Teacher and Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
If this role of 'SEND P.E Teacher' sparks your interest, please apply by contacting Robyn West at Career Teachers. Please ensure your CV is up to date with your correct contact details and presents your experience, ethos and aspirations for this particular role.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
Access to Skills Network
Refer a friend scheme
Affinity Extra - Thousands of discounts on multiple high street shops including coffee and cinemas, plus other benefits and a Health & Wellbeing portal.
These benefits are applicable to those who are working with Career Teachers. You will gain access to the Affinity Extra this portal once you start working with us.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted