Special Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA/LSA) - Ealing
- £65 - 75 daily rate
- Immediate start
Have you worked with or supported children before?
Are you passionate about working with special needs children and making a difference?
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We provide schools with compliant, fully qualified and experienced teachers and support staff. We work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEN schools.
The School - Ealing, London
Our secondary SEN School supports children aged from 11 years old and upwards; all students have special educational needs. The school works effectively with all members of its community, students, staff and parents to provide a safe, nurturing and inspiring learning environment, de-escalating challenging behaviour and promoting positive relationships. The school is walking distance from Ealing Broadway train station.
Person Specification - Special Needs Teaching Assistant (SEND TA)
- You will hold a fully Enhanced DBS (child and adult), qualification within Childcare and at least 6 months' experience of working with young people or adults with special needs.
- You are flexible in your approach to supporting children both in small groups and one-to-one.
- You will have previous experience supporting people with special needs or disabilities, including but not limited to: ADHD, Autism (ASD), Down syndrome, Complex Needs, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH) and Emotional Behaviour Disorders (EBD).
- You have a calm and positive attitude.
About the Role - SEN TA - Ealing, London
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) you will support pupils in Key Stage 3 or 4, cultivating a love of learning.
These roles can be daily supply and short term, but with further opportunities to lead onto a longer term or permanent position, with competitive pay rates, starting from £65, reflecting previous experience working with children and workload.
You are required to:
- Take direction from the class teacher and support children in either small groups or on a one-to-one basis;
- Work within the curriculum as required, & offer support to students with knowledge of life skills;
- Offer learning support to the children within your care and ensure that they enjoy their learning experiences;
Career teachers offer all SEND Teaching Assistants:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Professional support from our team of consultants.
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we'll thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £250 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
Career Teachers follows Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.Important Notice: In order you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity is at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We a have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.