Special Needs Teacher SuttonSpecial Needs Teacher (SEND Teacher) Sutton £125 £160 daily rateSEND Teacher for September Are you an experienced SEN or SEND Teacher...
Special Needs Teacher - Sutton
Special Needs Teacher (SEND Teacher) - Sutton
£125 - £160 daily rate
SEND Teacher for September
Are you an experienced SEN or SEND Teacher who is looking for a new opportunity? Are you passionate about making a difference and working with special needs children?
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We provide schools with compliant, fully qualified and experienced teachers and support staff. We work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEN schools.
The School - Sutton
Career Teachers are currently recruiting for a brilliant special educational needs school located in Sutton. This school is an all through school with residential homes. The school has great staff that support not only the children but each other. This school is very close to strong transportation links.
Person Specification -Special Needs Teacher - (SEND Teacher) - Sutton
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Previous experience of teaching students with SEN. (Autism, SLD, MLD, PMLD, Complex Needs)
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum.
- Skilfully able to plan affective lessons and differentiate based on each child individual needs.
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment.
- Reliable & punctual
- Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
- Ability to develop rapport with SEN individuals
- Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN.
- Ability to deal with the physical challenges of the job (which likely will necessitate running and physical intervention at times)
Any experience of Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant approaches to communication and play are advantageous but not essential
About the Role - Special Needs Teacher (SEND Teacher) - Sutton
- You will be responsible for teaching a small class of around 6-12 students with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- You will use resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons.
- You will have additional support in the classroom from other support staff.
- You will plan and deliver effective lessons using the UK curriculum.
When you apply with Career Teachers, you get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
Career Teachers is fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Career Teachers is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. It is Career Teachers policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.