Starting immediately, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Secondary Teacher, responsible for teaching German to mixed ability groups of pupils aged 11 to 16 years (Key Stage 3 and 4).
An Ofsted rated Secondary school in Lewisham is looking for a dedicated German teacher who can develop ideas for lessons and approaches to teaching. Preparing pupils for exams, assessments and the next stage of their academic careers.
An energetic, hands-on teaching style is needed to explain things to classes that consist of pupils of different experiences and abilities with clarity and enthusiasm, presenting information in an accessible way, demonstrating not just what, but also why and how.
To be a good fit for a Secondary Teacher role you need to be:
- Knowledgeable and resourceful.
- Positive and outgoing.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Motivational and engaging.
- Inspiring and hands-on.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Assertive and confident.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English, Maths and Science.
- An Undergraduate Education Degree in [Insert subject] or subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course if your degree is in an area that is not directly relevant to this subject and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE - Scotland).
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Previous secondary school teaching experience.
- Great English language and Mathematical skills.
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to pupil's as they progress through their secondary education. Your commitment to teaching and ensuring pupils achieve the most from their academic career is what will make you an excellent fit for this role. Apply today and stand out for all the traits that make you a great fit.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted