SEN- Learning Support Assistant
This exciting opportunity for proactive Health Care Support Workers with personal care and behavioural management experience to join the team at an SEND school for children with severe Autism, Medical needs and challenging behaviour in Southall, Ealing as a learning support assistant.
This role will provide you with the chance to work under the guidance of SEN trained staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils in an inclusive and progressive environment.
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a learning support position that will challenge you to utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to develop varied approaches that help pupils understand the information presented.
- Attend to the personal needs of pupils and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first-aid and welfare matters.
- Supervise and provide support to pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning activities during lunchtime.
- Support pupils to understand instructions, and in respect of local and national learning strategies such as literacy, numeracy, early years - KS4, as directed by the teacher.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model, being aware of and responding appropriately to their individual needs, and encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities with others.
- Prepare the classroom following lunch and clear afterwards.
If this is something that sounds suitable for you, please apply now or email Brooke.email@example.com
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
Access to Skills Network
Refer a friend scheme
Affinity Extra - Thousands of discounts on multiple high street shops including coffee and cinemas, plus other benefits and a Health & Wellbeing portal.
These benefits are applicable to those who are working with Career Teachers. You will gain access to the Affinity Extra this portal once you start working with us.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted