BSL Communication Support Worker Required - Leeds - Full Time - September 2022 - British Sign Language
At Career Teachers we are currently working in partnership with an excellent SEND provision in Leeds who currently require a British Sign Language Communication Support Worker to join their welcoming team from this September. This is a full time role supporting students with hearing impairments throughout the school day.
- You must have an official British Sign Language qualification of level 3 or above. Candidates with level 2 who are currently working towards level 3 may be considered if the level of signing reflects this.
- We are looking for candidates who have experience supporting vulnerable children and young people with hearing impairments and special educational needs.
- We are ideally looking for candidates who can work full time, but part time candidates with the relevant qualifications will also be considered.
- You must be willing to attend the school for a meeting to show your BSL skills.
The school caters for students with varying special educational needs, you will be working with children and young people who have autism, ADHD and other learning needs. The setting is located in an easily accessible area in Leeds, with on site parking and good public transport links.
If you currently hold a British Sign Language qualification and a passion for breaking down the barriers of communication, please click apply now and we will be in touch to discuss further.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted