Here at Career Teachers, we are currently recruiting for a "Good" rated special educational needs school located in Hillingdon. The school is for secondary aged...
Special Needs Teacher (SEND) (Part time) - Hillingdon
- £125 - £160 daily rate
- Starting from September 10th
Are you an expert SEN or SEND Teacher who is dreaming of a new opportunity?
Are you passionate about making a difference and working with children with ASD (Autism)?
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We provide schools with compliant, fully qualified and experienced teachers and support staff. We work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEN schools.
The School - Hillingdon, London
Here at Career Teachers, we are currently recruiting for a "Good" rated special educational needs school located in Hillingdon. The school is for secondary aged children ranging from 11 to 16 years old. The school has great staff that provide support not just to the children but each other in making excellent progress and development. This school is very close to strong transportation links.
Person Specification - Part Time Special Needs Teacher
An enthusiastic and committed specialist ASD teacher: you will plan, develop, coordinate and implement individual curriculum programmes for students with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). The teacher will be expected to provide a sensory programme, integrating the physical, academic, social and emotional needs of each individual student.
You will hold:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification.
- Previous experience of teaching students with needs, including but not exclusively ASD / Autism, Moderate or Severe Learning Difficulties (MLD, SLD);
- Strong knowledge of the UK national curriculum.
- Be able to plan effective and inspiring learning opportunities and differentiate based on each child's individual needs;
- Be aware of safeguarding procedures across a school environment;
- Be reliable & punctual;
- Assess risks, take on instruction and use own judgement;
- Have the ability to develop rapport with young people with a variety of needs;
- Be playful, patient and calm with a dream to get the best out of individuals with SEN.
- Deal with the physical challenges of the job (which likely will necessitate running and physical intervention at times).
Experience of Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential.
About the Role - Special Needs Teacher (SEND Teacher)
- You will be responsible for teaching a small class of around 6-12 students with Special Educational Needs;
- You will use a wide range of resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons;
- You will have additional support in the classroom from other learning staff.
- You will plan and deliver effective lessons using the UK curriculum.
If this sounds like you, and you exemplify these qualities then we'd love to hear from you; either you can apply here or contact us directly on 020 7105 3499
At Career Teachers we offer all SEN teachers:
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work;
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants.
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £250 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.