Career Teachers are one of the leading independent supply agencies across South East London and are looking for talented Secondary School Teachers across the Bexley/Dartford...
Secondary Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) - London
- £125 - 150 daily rate
- September start
Coming to the end of your teacher training?
Unsure of your next steps?
Looking for a dream start in your teaching career?
Here at Career Teachers, we are recruiting for phenomenal Secondary schools across London for day to day cover and long term NQT roles. Our schools work hard to provide supreme education for children aged 11 - 18 years old, supporting their journey towards being successful in GCSE and A Level examinations. Our schools are currently recruiting for all subject specialists, especially English, Mathematics and Science.
Career Teachers - Secondary Schools - London
We recruit for schools who provide quality education for secondary aged children in their local area. Pupils undertake GCSEs in Year 11, with the majority moving on to A Levels and Further Education courses. They work effectively with all members of their community to provide a safe, nurturing and inspiring environment, de-escalating challenging behaviour and promoting positive relationships.
We provide long term opportunities in schools which have strong leadership, supporting you through your Induction period and allowing you to thrive as a teacher.
Person Specification - Secondary Teacher - London
- The successful Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) is not expected to be the finished article but be dedicated, engaging and inspiring;
- You will have completed a PGCE or Teacher Training course this term;
- Be able to assess individual learning needs and work on a group and class basis;
- Maintain positive behaviour management strategies in line with school policies;
- Monitor pupils' work through effective marking, and set targets to accelerate progress;
- Monitor strengths and weaknesses, review planning and recognise the level at which the pupil is achieving;
- Work alongside colleagues in planning schemes of work and monitoring progress;
- Self-reflect on your own personal progress throughout the year.
You will be subject to references and an up to date DBS with update service or be willing to apply for a DBS through Career Teachers.
About the Role - Secondary NQT
As a Newly Qualified Secondary Teacher you will lead classes in Key Stage 3 and 4, with approximately 25 pupils, in your subject specialism. Depending on your preferences you could be undertaking supply teaching daily, attending a different school every single day and building up your experience of different year groups and environments; or tackling your induction year through a long term role within one school.
At Career Teachers we offer all newly qualified teachers:
- Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work;
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Professional support from our expert team of consultants.
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
- Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new teaching or support role and we will thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £250 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more unrivalled teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
Career Teachers follows Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask us for further details.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.