A 'GOOD' Primary school in Wandsworth, South West London is seeking a Teaching Assistant for a position starting ASAP. Teaching Assistant Wandsworth PrimaryTeaching Assistant Wandsworth...
An outstanding School requires someone to provide SMEH guidance for students with SEND and where appropriate in class support. This role will be to complement the professional work of teachers and support staff for students with SEND.
The School are based on the Zone 1/Zone 2 border in Central East London and can offer an outstanding environment in which to work. You will be joining a team of collobrative educators who are passionate, dedicated and motivated to help students achieve the best they can. The School has a reputation for being a great employer and will offer you a competitive salary and the chance to work in a safe, supportive and trusting environment. The opportunity to undertake additional training and qualifications exist within the role as the school are keen to support your own professional development.
To be successful in the role you will need to display the follow key attributes:
- To build and maintain successful relationships with pupils with SME, physical and learning needs and their families.
- Uphold Swanlea Values in all aspects of the role
- To work collaboratively with colleagues, and carry out the role effectively, knowing when to seek help and advice
- To liaise sensitively and effectively with parents/carers and outside agencies
- To take an active role in professional development including through observation, evaluation and discussion with colleagues
Some Key Aspects of the role include:
- Provide First Aid for students when necessary
- Provide level 1 counselling for student when necessary
- Liaise with parents/carers as directed
- Provide in class support for students
- Contribute to annual review planning for pupils with EHCPs
- To produce and maintain classroom and whole school resources and displays
- Meet the personal care and medical needs of students with SEND
The ability to implement the following learning activities is desirable:
- To implement specific programmes of support under the guidance of professionals including teachers, Inclusion teachers, Ed Psych, Speech & Language Therapists and others as directed
- Create and deliver clearly structured learning activities that enable students to be motivated and promote progress
- Contribute to the planning of opportunities for pupils to learn in and out of school contexts
- Select and prepare resources necessary to lead learning activities, taking into account pupils' interests and language and cultural backgrounds
- Support teachers in evaluating pupils' progress through a range of assessment activities
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with pupils to support their learning
- Use behaviour management strategies, in line with the school's policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
- Organise and manage safely the learning activities, the physical teaching space and resources for which you are given responsibility
- Work with students both in class, in small groups and one-to-one settings as appropriate
If you are interested in hearing more about this position or would like to apply then please send a copy of your most recent to CV in application to this advert.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.