Career Teachers are currently working with a popular and growing school on an exciting new role in the Bexley area as an Art and Photography...
Geography Teacher for Key Stages 3 - 4 (and 5 if you can do it), January 2020 start
Geography Teacher for Key Stage 3 - 4 (and 5 if you can do it), - North West London
- £27,000 - £45,000 per year
- Temp to perm position
- Full time contract
Geography Teacher for Key Stage 3 - 4
- Are you an experienced and creative Geography Teacher who is looking for a fantastic new opportunity in a "outstanding" Secondary school in Harrow, North London?
The School - North West London
- This is a good Secondary school that offers its teachers excellent support planning and its pupil's fantastic teaching.
- The Secondary school's aim is to be committed to individual excellence, ensuring that all students fulfil their potential.
- The school has strong leadership and a committed and dedicated team of staff.
- The school works very hard so that all students leave as mature and confident young people, who are exceptionally well prepared for their future lives in education and the world of work.
- You will need to hold a recognised teaching qualification in the UK, to include QTS (or an appropriate overseas qualification leading to obtaining QTS)
- The school are keen to hear from experienced teachers, especially at Key Stages 4 & 5, if you have had experience teaching a range of syllabus on the National Curriculum then that would be an advantage.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a mixed ability secondary comprehensive school and can demonstrate the ability to differentiate lessons accordingly.
- Confidence in your ability to plan, prepare and deliver lessons for mixed ability pupils at GCSE's and also A levels (not essential)
- A good team player, who has a can do attitude and sense of humour
- Ambitious and driven
About the Role
- Opportunity to work in forward thinking department, with facilities and dedicated teaching team.
- Key Stages 3 - 4 (5 if you are able to teach it)
- Would suit a passionate practitioner who has flair and creative skill
- Competitive teacher salary
- Chance to work with students across the ability spectrum
- Subjects such as Geography and Social Humanities (along with other vocational subjects) are very popular and as such attract a good calibre of student. You will be teaching able groups (small groups at Key Stage 5) that have an interest in continuing their studies in Further Education.
When you apply with Career Teachers, you get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.