Media Studies teacher required for an outstanding school in the London Borouh of Havering initially on a long term supply basis but there will be...
Curriculum Leader for Business & Economics, London - North West London - September 2018 start
- £32,000 - £47,500 per year
- Temp to perm contract
Curriculum Leader for Business & Economics starting in September
- Are you an experienced and creative Business Studies & Economics Teacher who is looking for a fantastic new opportunity in a "great" Secondary school in Barnet, North London?
The School - North West London
- This is a good Secondary school that offers its teachers excellent support planning and its pupil's fantastic teaching.
- The Secondary school's aim is to be committed to individual excellence, ensuring that all students fulfil their potential.
- The school has strong leadership and a committed and dedicated team of staff.
- The school works very hard so that all students leave as mature and confident young people, who are exceptionally well prepared for their future lives in education and the world of work.
- You will need to hold a recognised teaching qualification in the UK, to include QTS (or an appropriate overseas qualification leading to obtaining QTS)
- The school are keen to hear from experienced teachers, especially at Key Stages 4 & 5, if you have had previous management experience or have been second in department and are looking for a step up with responsibility then this could be the chance to take the next step.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a mixed ability secondary comprehensive school and can demonstrate appropriate behaviour management techniques.
- Confidence in your ability to plan, prepare and deliver lessons for mixed ability pupils at GCSE's and also A levels.
- A good team player, who has a can do attitude and sense of humour
- Ambitious and driven
- Ability to motivate a team of staff (4 in this instance)
About the Role
- Opportunity to work in forward thinking department, with facilities and dedicated teaching team.
- Key Stages 3 - 5
- Would suit a passionate practitioner who has flair and creative skill
- Competitive teacher salary with additional benefits (TLR)
- Chance to work with students across the ability spectrum
- Subjects such as Business Studies and Economics (along with other vocational subjects) are very popular and as such attract a good calibre of student. You will be teaching able groups (small groups at Key Stage 5) that have an interest in continuing their studies in Further Education.
- There will also be a small amount of Key Stage 3 ICT on the timetable as well
When you apply with Career Teachers, you get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers.
Career Teachers is fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Career Teachers is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. It is Career Teachers policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.