Starting on ASAP this exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic Teaching Assistant (TA) to join the teaching faculty at Various Primary schools in Brent. Providing you with the chance to work under the guidance of teaching staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils.
This is the ideal opportunity if you are looking for a learning support position that will challenge you to utilise your knowledge, communication skills and creativity to develop varied approaches that help pupils understand the information presented.
You will be combining your knowledge of learning support and teaching techniques with your compassion and understanding of learning needs and, in some cases, difficulties to support pupils in their educational career and Teachers in their duties.
As a Teaching Assistant (TA) you will:
- Supervise and provide support for all pupils, ensuring their safety and ability to access learning activities and understand the information presented.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education and behaviour plans.
- Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
- Actively promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils and staff, supporting diversity and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities for learning and development.
- Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities throughout the lesson.
- Set challenging expectations for pupils to exceed their expectations and achieve learning goals.
- Promote self-esteem and independence.
- Provide feedback to pupils about their progress and achievements under the guidance of the teaching staff.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment and assist with the display of pupils' work.
- Assist with planning learning activities and undertake administrative tasks such as photocopying, typing, and filing as needed.
- Provide detailed feedback to Teachers on pupil's achievement, progress and any problems that arise.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policies, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Support the use of computer technology in learning activities and develop pupils' competence and independence in its use.
- Prepare, maintain and use equipment and resources required for learning activities and assist pupils in their use.
- Uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils, including before and after school and at lunchtime/break periods.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on extra-curricular visits, school trips and after school activities, taking responsibility for a group of pupils under the Teacher's supervision when needed.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils alongside other support staff during the first day of a class Teachers' absence.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools
- Level 2 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. (Induction Training for Teaching Assistants & Support Staff).
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Previous teaching support experience with children within the Primary Settings.
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
If you are looking for a role as a Teaching Assistant (TA) where you can use exciting and engaging teaching skills to enhance a child's learning experience, this is the perfect Teaching Assistant role for you.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in children's education. Your commitment to developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility will make you an ideal fit for this role. Apply today and stand out for all of the traits that make you a great fit.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted