- Be willing to work in any age group across the nurserys within the organisation. Although you will mainly be based in one school.
- Be aware of and adhere to the policies, procedures and ethos of the school.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate engaging activities appropriate for the age range of the children, including preparation of resources and materials.
- Help children develop early literacy/ reading and numeracy skills, either individually or in group sessions.
- Carry out all tasks associated with the key worker role including observing, assessing, recording children's development and reporting on written plans for their next steps.
- Work effectively alongside a team of practitioners to ensure children are stimulated, motivated and excited in their learning and play.
- Assist in the preparation of the rooms at the start of the day, at lunchtime and in the clearing up at the end of the school day.
- Help to keep the school and equipment clean and tidy at all times.
- Carry out playground, lunch cover and other duties as deemed necessary by the Headteacher.
- Ensure security and welfare of the children are of paramount importance at all times.
- Work to ensure that equal opportunities, inclusion and diversity are recognised and valued at all times.
- Attend staff meetings (fortnightly), training days (5 per year), parent's evenings (one per term), school events and outings (maximum 2 per term) as deemed necessary by the Headteacher.
- Contribute to the overall school improvement plan.
- Show willingness to participate in continuous professional development and training.
- Work in partnership with parents with consideration given to toilet training, education plans, pastoral care, religious and cultural background.
We are also looking for someone who....
- Is warm, friendly and nurturing.
- Is able to laugh at jokes they don't understand, or don't find funny!
- Has a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
- If a child requests that they be a captain of a pirate ship, they will be the best pirate captain they can be!
- Is able to distribute warm hugs, as and when required.
- Is able to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people.
- Is able to pretend to eat playdough creations realistically, along with drinking numerous cups of pretend tea.
- Is able to read a ten page story, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
- Is prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace.
- Loves being outside come rain or shine.
Believes strongly in creativity, collaboration and critical thinking for themselves and the children
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted