Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
1:1 Teaching Assistant with Special Educational Needs (SEN) experience in Key Stage 2 required ASAP
Mainstream Primary school - LE4 area
Long-term contract until July 2023
Mon-Fri 8:15-3:15 Term Time only
Career Teachers are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced 1:1 Teaching Assistant to support a child in year 6 with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in a mainstream school setting.
The successful candidate will work closely with the class teacher to provide tailored support to the student and small intervention groups.
* Assist the class teacher in implementing the student's Individual Education Plan (IEP)
* Provide one-on-one support to the student in the classroom and other learning environments
* Help the student to develop social, emotional and academic skills
* Assist with the student's physical and personal care needs, as needed
* Communicate with the student's parents and other professionals involved in the student's care
* Participate in meetings and training related to the student's support and education
You will need to have:
* Experience working with students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
* Strong knowledge of a variety of teaching and learning strategies and techniques
* Excellent communication, organisation, and interpersonal skills
* Patience, empathy and a positive attitude
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* A relevant teaching assistant qualification or equivalent experience is desirable but not essential.
The school is friendly and welcoming with a strong team spirit!
If you are looking for a new role and believe you have the skills to make a difference in Education, please call Reena on (0116) 2776400 to discuss the position or apply now with your CV
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.