This Independently Inspected 'Excellent' Primary school in Camden, is an inclusive and progressive learning environment committed to engaging and inspiring pupils to want to learn. At its heart is the core value of Honesty, Resilience and Kindness.
Culture and inclusion
You will be working closely with class Teachers to plan the lesson and create innovative ways to ensure a supportive, creative learning environment where pupils can expand their knowledge and play a positive role in school life.
Using a mix of resources to inspire pupil's understanding, motivation and investigation of the lesson topic, you will ensure they get the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to achieve their learning objectives.
As a Teaching Assistant (TA) you will have:
- A good understanding of the national Key Stage Curriculum.
- Sound understanding of child development and learning.
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
- The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupil's needs.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
- The ability to monitor a pupil's response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities.
- An interest in continuing your personal and professional development.
To be a good fit for a Teaching Assistant (TA) role, you will need to be:
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Well-presented and professional
- Positive and motivational.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Assertive and confident.
- Flexible and resourceful.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Previous teaching support experience with children within the age range of EYFS - KS1
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in children's education. Your commitment to developing pupil learning ability and knowledge accessibility will make you an ideal fit for this role. Apply today and stand out for all of the traits that make you a great fit.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted