As a Teaching Assistant (TA) at this Ofsted rated Good Primary school in Harrow, you will be responsible for providing learning support to individuals and groups while supporting teaching staff. You will be supporting pupils aged 5 to 7 years (Key Stage 1).
You will be combining your knowledge of learning support and teaching techniques with your compassion and understanding of learning needs and, in some cases, difficulties to support pupils in their educational career and Teachers in their duties.
Using a mix of resources to inspire pupil's understanding, motivation and investigation of the lesson topic, you will ensure they get the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to achieve their learning objectives.
To be a good fit for a Teaching Assistant (TA) role, you will need to be:
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Well-presented and professional
- Positive and motivational.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Assertive and confident.
- Flexible and resourceful.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Previous teaching support experience with children within the age range of Key Stage 1.
- Fluent level of English, both spoken and written.
Development and opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity to support the pupils at this Ofsted rated Good Primary school in Harrow. Building upon your teaching support skills, gaining extraordinary experience in a wide range of teaching methods, aids and approaches that bring out the best in each pupil.
If you are looking for a role as a Teaching Assistant (TA) where you can use exciting and engaging teaching skills to enhance a child's learning experience, this is the perfect Teaching Assistant role for you. Apply today.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted