SEND TA / Special Education Needs Department Teaching Assistant Merton Primary£17,000 £20,000 per annum or up to £95 a day (Dependent on Experience)SEND TA Merton...
Required: NVQ LEVEL 4 IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
- Ensure that the school meets the standards set by the Commission for Social Care Inspection in relation to the day to day care of the children and young people.
- Have responsibility for the effective management of all aspects of the residential and Flexi Boarding.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team be involved in the strategic management and development.
- Provide the highest standard of support assisting children and young people in achieving their maximum potential through the implementation of the SPELL framework.
- Ensure the safety, welfare and protection of the children and young people and take the lead responsibility for child protection.
- Act as the designated child protection officer.
- Lead and motivate a staff team to work enthusiastically towards identifying and supporting the needs of people with autistic spectrum disorders.
- Formulate policies for the smooth and efficient running of residential and flexi boarding.
- Formulate a programme of after school activities, ensuring the development of a 24 hour curriculum.
- Coordinate the setting of objectives for the children and young people.
- Be responsible for the administration, recording and safekeeping of medication.
- Be responsible for the budget for the residential and flexi boarding.
- Monitor and provide support in the management of behaviour.
- Take a lead role in the assessment of new service users.
- Attend LAC reviews.
- Be responsible for the development of staff including staff recruitment.
- Keep up to date with developments in autism in residential and flexi boarding provision and current legislation.
- Take a lead role in research within the education and care setting.
- Ensure that duty rota and timetables are completed and the adequate cover is available at all times.
- Enable NAS to comply with regulation 33 as a designated Appointed Visitor.
- Job Descriptions only reflect 80% of a role, and are not an exhaustive list of duties. You are expected to carry out other activities that are within the scope of the role.
Criteria which will be used in short listing and selecting candidates.
- Driving Licence Desirable
- Three Years Relevant Experience
- NVQ Level 4 Health and Social Care
- Professional Management Qualification (desirable)
- Relevant Regulatory Requirement
Financial: Delegated Budget
People: Direct/Indirectly Manager
Work: Residential houses across sites
Travel: Frequent - some lone working
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week (must be flexible)
Will be required to undertake on-call duties
5 weeks holiday per annum
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.