Math Teacher London£140- 170 daily rateQualified MATH Teacher Needed for an immediate startAre you a qualified teacher seeking a new opportunity for an immediate start?Career...
Career Teachers are excited to advertise a new Speech and Language therapy role.
This is an exciting time to join our fantastic team due to on-going expansion, so if you have the desire to succeed and you are patient, kind and compassionate then this could be the perfect role!
- The role requires you to be able to treat and manage our children with swallowing, language and communication needs.
- To assess, develop and implement speech and language therapy programmes.
- To participate in multi-disciplinary assessments, planning and intervention management to meet the child's identified goals.
- Clear communication with the children, carers and family about their treatment.
- A recognised speech and language therapy degree or equivalent
- Recognised member of The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Enhanced CRB disclosure.
- Registered with Health Care Professionals Council.
- Knowledge of Dysphagia (Normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology) and acquired neurological communication disorders.
- Experience of working with a range of acquired disorders including Autism, complex needs, severe learning difficulties Effective communication skills.
Benefits of our brilliant rewards package include:
- Monday to Friday office hours 09.00am to 4.30pm
- Competitive rate of pay
- To work autonomously, managing own caseload of pupils with developmental speech and language delays/disorders, and social communication difficulties.
- Supervise and provide particular communication support for pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the school therapy service.
- In conjunction with the Band 6 SALT develop strategies to integrate the delivery the delivery of SALT services into all school environments
- To work collaboratively with teaching staff, and occupational therapy colleagues to support pupils needs through group, joint and individual working
- In conjunction with Band 6 SALT to design and deliver integrated speech and language groups and interventions to individual pupils' care plans to meet identified needs
- Design and make equipment for groups and for personal use with pupils where necessary
- Monitor and review effectiveness of intervention programmes
- Provide supporting documents for EHP and annual review meetings of pupils on your caseload
- To assist in the running of parent information workshops and staff training
- To develop working relationships with families and carers, ensuring special awareness of socio economic disadvantages and cultural processes for ethic minority groups
- To undertake general clerical duties including photocopying, and filing and dealing with telephone queries when required.
- To contribute to effective communication networks with pupils and carers, teaching team, local managers and other agencies
- To participate in relevant planning and management meetings within the clinical setting
- To work as an integrated member of the multidisciplinary team, contributing to decisions with regard to pupils user care plans
To communicate sensitively in situations where there are complex needs/issues
- To adhere to local clinical guidelines
- To have regard to relevant policies and standards
- Be accountable for own professional actions
- To recognise own professional boundaries and seek advice and support where necessary
To be aware of and adhere to current legislative and employer procedures relating to the post.
- To actively be involved in appraisal and performance review process
- Contribute to the supervision and appraisal of SALT therapy assistants
To recognise own professional boundaries and to seek advice and support where necessary
- To produce and maintain up to date and accurate case notes and SLT reports in line with school policies
- To collect statistical information as appropriate
- To contribute to the maintenance of student records
To produce accurate SALT reports to a professional standard
- To enable others to develop new skills in delivering therapy programmes
- To act as a resource and support for other staff members working with pupils with speech, language and social communication difficulties
Work with Band 6 OT to design and deliver in service training to MHS staff
- To work within the KMA Quality Assurance framework
- To be aware of and adherer to current legislative and employer procedures relating to the post
- To reflect on clinical practice with others
To contribute to therapy meetings and staff meetings
To consider the health, safety and welfare of staff, pupils and others, ensuring that working practices conform to the Health and Safety at Work Act, COSHH, School and departmental policies.
- To evaluate current research and apply to practice where applicable
- To actively engage in the practice development of speech and language therapy across the school.
- To contribute to school/company wide therapy practice development
- Experienced with report writing
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.