Premises Officer - Temp to Perm 8 week contract
October 2023 - Evington, Leicester
Hours operate around 10.30 - 6 (negotiable)
Salary - on experience
- Headteacher / School Business Manager
Purpose of the Job
- Support the premises team by carrying out a range of duties including security and supervision of the site and related equipment and other duties including porter-age, cleaning and maintenance.
- To contribute to the smooth running of the establishment by overseeing and, as required, being present during the use of the premises during the evening, weekends or public holidays (as appropriate) and undertaking relevant duties associated with this use of the premises.
Security and Supervision
- To act as a key holder, to attend and carry out security and any safety procedures for the buildings and grounds, including routine opening of premises and grounds and reception of visitors.
- Providing access, where possible, to the premises and classrooms in the event of snow or minor flooding or similar emergency situations
- Managing enquiries from officers and employees of the Local Education Authority, workers and contractors and, where appropriate, advising the Headteacher of their presence
- A patient and tolerant, customer focused attitude
- Willingness to attend training and development activities
Caretaking and Maintenance
- Undertaking essential cleaning of allocated area(s) and secondary cleaning
- Washing internal walls e.g. classrooms, corridors, including cleaning at a high level where appropriate, safety equipment is available and a safe system of work has been defined in accordance with Health and Safety requirements
- Window cleaning, including cleaning at a high level where appropriate safety equipment is available and a safe system of work has been defined in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Washing and cleaning of diffusers and replacing bulbs/tubes.
- Ensuring that all areas within the site are free from litter and that all drains and gullies are free-flowing and clean.
- Taking delivery of stores, materials and other goods and conveying them to their points of distribution. Dispatching laundry, goods, materials etc.
- Ensuring that adequate supplies of cleaning materials and other supplies are available.
- Operating the heating plant so that the required temperatures are maintained in the premises and an adequate supply of hot water is available. Carrying out frost precaution procedures.
- Ensuring that all caretaking and cleaning equipment is in a safe and working condition and arranging for repair as appropriate.
- Carrying out routine procedures or checks on ancillary equipment e.g. check batteries automatic pumps and areas subject to flooding
- Carrying out school based procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage.
- Drawing the attention of the appropriate authorities via the Facilities Manager to any repairs or maintenance work required at the premises
- Minor DIY, which is within the scope and capability of the postholder
- Ensuring that all areas within the site are free from litter and that all drains and gullies are free flowing and clean
- Relevant training will be offered to the successful candidate
- At all times to carry out the duties in accordance with school-based policies and Health and Safety procedures.
- Such other duties relating to the use of the premises and site as may be necessary from time to time in accordance with established local practice or with the reasonable requirements of the Headteacher, School and Governing Body, including flexibility of working days and times to cover for absence and holidays.
- The duties may be varied by the Headteacher and/or Governing Body to meet changed circumstances in a manner compatible with the post held.
Please feel free to get in touch to discuss the role on 0116 2776400 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you.
Stuart @ Career Teachers, Leicester
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
Access to Skills Network
Refer a friend scheme
Affinity Extra - Thousands of discounts on multiple high street shops including coffee and cinemas, plus other benefits and a Health & Wellbeing portal.
These benefits are applicable to those who are working with Career Teachers. You will gain access to the Affinity Extra this portal once you start working with us.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.