Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant- SEN Teaching Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 teaching assistants to join an 'Outstanding Secondary School' for students between 11 and 19 years old with severe learning disabilities (SLD), profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) and autistic spectrum disorders (ASD). Some of the students may also have additional sensory or physical impairments or challenging behaviour
As a Teaching assistant at this SEND school, you will be responsible for providing learning support to individuals and groups while supporting teaching staff. You will be supporting, using a mix of resources to inspire pupil's understanding, focusing on their early on early communication, interaction and the cognitive skills that are important for development and learning.
They are looking for candidates with existing experience supporting pupils with special needs, any one with personal experience, health care assistant/ support worker background or mainstream experience supporting pupils on a one to one basis.
Career Teachers offer a range of free CPD accredited SEND specific courses to upskill the right candidates.
- £70-£90 per day
- Long-term contracts for 1 year
- Immediate starts available
- A patient and understanding approach and manner
- A flexible and amenable attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Clear DBS check
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well-being and good welfare
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted