Special Educational Needs Teacher - North London
Are you a passionate and dedicated Special Educational Needs and Disabilities teacher?
Career Teachers are recruiting for a specialist special needs school for children aged 11-18 in North London.
About the role - Special Educational Needs Teacher - North London
- Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
- Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
About the school - Special Educational Needs Teacher - North London
The school is a small secondary school which caters to students with Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). They also take on a number of students with Complex Learning Needs. The school is well resourced and excellent support is in place for both staff and students, as well as excellent CPD opportunities.
Person Specification - Special Educational Needs Teacher - North London
Successful teachers will have;
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction and Rapid Prompting Method
- Experience of working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting
- A patient, flexible and understanding approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognised by NARIC
Career Teachers will ask you to provide references and an up to date DBS with update service.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.