Do you want to teach in a good to outstanding school? I am currently recruiting for an English Teacher to join a secondary school in...
Secondary NQT Teacher for September start
- £125 - 150 daily rate
- KS 3 and 4
- Long term
Do you dream of being a fully fledged teacher?
Do you love inspiring young people?
Looking to complete your Induction year?
If you answered yes to the above questions then we want you.
Career Teachers - Secondary Schools - Lewisham
We are recruiting for phenomenal Secondary schools in Lewisham for long term NQT roles. The schools we work with, deliver education of a high standard to secondary aged students in their local area, supporting their journey towards taking GCSEs in Year 11 with the majority moving onto A Levels examinations and Further Education courses.
The schools work effectively with all members of their community to provide a safe and nurturing environment, de-escalating challenging behaviour and promoting positive relationships. We are currently recruiting for all subject specialist teachers, especially English, Mathematics, Science, Design Technology and History.
Person Specification - Secondary Teacher - Lewisham
As an engaging NQT you will not be the finished article but be self-motivated, have an open mind and willingness to learn new skills. The schools inspiring leadership team are dedicated to supporting you throughout your induction period.
- Have a can-do attitude;
- Be engaging and inspirational;
- Be committed to the well-being of every student;
- Be completing a PGCE or Teacher Training course shortly;
- Be able to assess individual learning needs and work on a group and class basis;
- Maintain positive behaviour management strategies in line with school policies;
- Monitor pupils' work through effective assessment for learning strategies, and set targets for progress;
- View strengths and weaknesses, review planning and identify the level at which the pupil is achieving;
- Work alongside colleagues in planning schemes of work and monitoring progress; self-reflect on own personal progress throughout the year.
We require references and an up to date DBS with update service or you will be willing to apply for a new DBS.
About the Role - Newly Qualified Secondary Teacher
In this role, with the support of experienced teachers, you will lead classes in Key Stage 3 and 4, in your own subject specialism. We are looking for all secondary subject teachers, especially:
- Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry)
- Design Technology
When you apply with Career Teachers, you get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of expert consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free CPD courses
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information for more phenomenal teaching opportunities and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.careerteachers.co.uk
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking to start a new teaching or support role and we'll thank you with Amazon Vouchers: £250 for every Teacher and £75 for every Teaching Assistant that registers and works for 10 days.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.