LSA / Learning Support Assistant Carshalton, Sutton PrimaryA vibrant 2 form entry Primary School is recruiting for an experienced LSA / Learning Support Assistant to...
LSA / Learning Support Assistant - Carshalton, Sutton - Primary
A vibrant 2 form entry Primary School is recruiting for an experienced LSA / Learning Support Assistant to join a team of practitioners on full time basis in Septemebr 2018. The school is based in the outer London borough of Sutton, only a 15 minute walk from the satisfyingly bustling Sutton High Street, which constitutes the sixth most important retail centre in London, home too many restaurants and major retail names. The school is spacious and modern with great facilities including a specialist SEND Provision and has a great reputation within the community. Experience working with children with complex needs, challenging behaviour, SEMH, autism and other associated learning difficulties is required. If you are a dedicated LSA / Learning Support Assistant looking for a school in a class of its own, focused on providing an inclusive environment for children to develop both academically and socially, this could be a great opportunity for you.
About the Role
- LSA / Learning Support Assistant
- Flexible on key stage EYFS - KS2
- Full time role
- Working with students with ASD, PMLD, learning and behavioural issues and speech and language difficulties, emotional and social difficulties.
- Assisting in a mainstream school in the classroom, with small groups or 1:1
- Salary ranging from £17,000 up to £21,000 per annum or up to £90 a day (dependant on experience)
- September 2018 start
- Contracted for the remainder of the academic year with the potential to be offered a permanent contract
About the School
- 2 form entry primary school
- 'Good' by Ofsted
- South West London Borough of Sutton
- Situated within great transport links
- Bright spacious classrooms with state of the art technology
- Specialist SEND Provision
- Good Behaviour
- Outstanding facilities
- Offers excellent CPD
- Easily accessible from many boroughs of London (situated within great transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the LSA / Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Proven UK experience as a LSA / Learning Support Assistant
- Previous experience working with SEN children
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Have good behaviour management skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Call to Action:
Please apply with an up to date CV if you would like to be considered for this role
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.