- Qualified SENCO
- 3 days per week (full time considered)
- Mainstream Primary School
Career Teachers are looking for an experienced and qualified SENCO for a part time position with a mainstream Primary School in Lambeth.
The school are looking for someone to join the team on a part time basis, ideally for 3 days per week. However, this could be increased to 4 or 5 days per week, if you are happy to take on some additional teaching responsibilities also.
For part time candidates, they are able to be flexible on which days you work. This can be discussed at interview.
You will be an experienced SENCO, ideally from a Primary setting, but will also consider applications from candidates with Secondary and SEN experience.
You will be an important part of the Senior Leadership Team, working to support children who have SEN throughout the school, and ensure that they have the best possible access to learning.
You role will include, but is not limited to:
- Referrals to appropriate agencies and transfer of paperwork for pupils
- Managing the logistical aspects of IPP meetings, including inviting parents and liaising with teachers to find appropriate times
- Appropriate assessments of pupils identified as having extra need
- Support in writing EHC plans as appropriate
- Monitoring of the SEN register as appropriate
- The development of intervention materials in collaboration with the Teachers
- Analysis of data with regard to SEN and more able cohorts
- To lead groups and work with individuals to support additional learning needs, as and when required
- To monitor the Inclusion action plan and contribute to analysis of it
This position will initially be on a temporary basis, but the school are keen to offer a permanent contract to the right person, after the initial temporary period.
The salary will be between £190 and £290 per day, depending on your experience.
If you are an experienced SENCO, and are interested in working in this vibrant, 2 form entry Primary School in South London, close to Clapham, please apply online today.
- Part time SENCO
- Mainstream Primary School
- September 2022 start
- 0.6 FTE
- SENCO - SENDCO - Special Educational Needs - SLT - Senior Leadership Team
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted