We are looking to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant to work with a child who has Special Educational Needs within a mainstream Primary classroom.
The child will be joining the Reception class from September 2021. As they will be new to the school, it is important that the successful applicant is extremely warm, nurturing and helps the child to quickly settle in to school life.
You will be working with a child who has Down Syndrome, and associated complex needs. They will need support with all aspects of school life.
Ideally you with have experience of supporting a child with similar needs.
It is essential that you are:
- An experienced Learning Support Assistant
- Patient, calm and nurturing in your approach
- Available to commit to the school and the child for the full academic year 2021/22
- An excellent communicator and able to liaise with the Teacher, parents and SENCo to provide the best possible support to the child
- Experienced in working with children with SEND
- Passionate about supporting children to ensure that their school life is thoroughly enjoyable, as well as educational
The Primary School is based within the London Borough of Southwark, and is very accessible by public transport.
Salary will vary, depending on your experience, from £70 to £90 per day.
If you are interested in finding out more, please get in touch, or apply with an updated CV and we will contact you.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted