Learning Support Assistant Lambeth London Career TeachersSchools situated in Lambeth are currently looking to recruit a dynamic, forward thinking and adaptable Learning Support Assistants to...
Learning Assistant required in an "Outstanding" school in Hackney.
Are you interested in a brand new challenge supporting children in a Secondary setting?
I am recruiting for a Learning Assistant for an outstanding secondary school based in Hackney, East London. This is a full time position starting November 1st 2018 for at least 2 terms. The hours will be Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 4:15pm Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm (36hrs per week), term time only.
The School - East London
This is a well-established girls schools in the heart of Hackney, supporting children's learning for over 50 years.
The school has a range of amenities, including dedicated and supportive staff in all faculties/departments.
The school offers great support throughout duration of employment with CPD training courses. The school is surrounded by great transport links which are easily accessible.
The ideal Learning Assistant must have passion in enhancing the learning of children, experience working in an educational environments and with children between 11-18 years of age and excellent Maths, English & IT skills. A graduate is desirable but not essential
- Working with teachers to plan, prepare and evaluate lessons and schemes of learning
- Promoting behaviour that supports learning
- Supporting the development of personalised plans under the direction of the SENCO
- Using specialist guidance to inform leading, monitoring and evaluating of intervention sessions
- Delivering and overseeing 1:1 and small group sessions
- Completing relevant SEN paperwork
- Using data to help set and monitor progress with targets
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references
- Having responsibility for developing expertise in a specific area of SEN
- Providing cover for colleagues
- Completing various pre and after academy duties
- Acting as a qualified First Aider, attending training and administering medicines (as appropriate)
- Participating in arrangements for preparing and supervising students for public examinations
When you apply with Career Teachers, you get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experience consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses
Plus, 'recommend a friend' who is looking for a new role and we will thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Career Teachers
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.