- Are you an experienced education professional who specialises in supporting young people with social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) issues?
- Are you passionate about working with vulnerable pupils and want to make a difference in their lives?
Career Teachers Liverpool is recruiting for a Social, Emotional Mental Health Teaching Assistant (SEMH) to work in a special provision school in the L25 area on a full-time, long-term basis. The school require a start date of 8th September 2022 and your working day will be from 8.30am-3.45pm.
This high school caters for young people aged 11 to 18 years with additional needs. You will be required to support pupil engagement through, encouragement, positivity, and excellent behaviour management. You will be creative in your approach and engage the learners you work with to build strong professional relationships.
The pupils who attend this high school have a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including Social Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) needs, Autism, Attachment Disorder & ADHD, so excellent, behaviour management is necessary with a calm but firm approach. You will be working alongside a supportive team ensuring an encouraging and safe learning environment is provided for all students.
To be considered for this SEMH Teaching Assistant role you will need:
- Experience working with young people with a range SEND including SEMH
- Excellent behaviour management with knowledge of de-escalation techniques
- A positive attitude with a calm but firm approach
- Clear understanding of all relevant Safeguarding procedures relating to vulnerable young people
- Flexibility to work with pupils of different ages and abilities
- Continual professional development (CPD) through online training
- Competitive pay rates
- Opportunities to become part of an outstanding and supportive team
- Refer a friend bonus with £200 in vouchers
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then apply today, if you would like to discuss the role you can call Jacqueline on 07553253315.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted