SEND Teacher - Waltham Forest
Are you a qualified teacher looking to expand their experience into working with SEND students?
Or are you a SEND Teacher looking for their next role?
Would you like a rewarding role working in a successful SEND School?
A specialist Special Needs school for children aged 2-19 years in Waltham Forest are looking for a qualified teacher to start as soon as possible.
This school are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to be responsible for creating a positive and safe learning environment to nurture pupils' development. With an aim to provide pupils with the best possible opportunities to succeed with future goals and aspirations in all areas of their life including social, emotional, physical and communication, this school is an inspiring place for any passionate teacher.
- Full Time SEND Teacher
- Waltham Forest Based
- AWR compliant rates of pay
- Immediate start available
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an overseas teaching certificate recognised by Naric
- Experience of working with students with SEND within a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting is desirable, or Mainstream experience with exceptional behaviour management
- A patient and understanding approach
- A flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Existing DBS check on the update service
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential.
- Plan and deliver effective lessons which cater to the needs of individual EHCP plans
- Be responsible for all assessments relating to class students
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well being and good welfare
Career Teachers provide a high-quality, personalised service by working in partnership with schools and Education professionals all over London and surrounding counties.
We ensure the highest levels of compliance are met and maintained, allowing us to work with some of the best Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools in London and the Home Counties.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send an updated CV to email@example.com
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Benefits of working with Career Teachers
Access to Skills Network
Refer a friend scheme
Affinity Extra - Thousands of discounts on multiple high street shops including coffee and cinemas, plus other benefits and a Health & Wellbeing portal.
These benefits are applicable to those who are working with Career Teachers. You will gain access to the Affinity Extra this portal once you start working with us.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted