* Are you a SEN Education Assistant with a passion to work in Secondary Schools supporting young people?
* Are you looking to gain more experience in schools and to make those next steps towards a teaching Career?
* Are you looking for the continuity, where you can really make an impact and a difference when it comes to education and supporting young learners with access to the curriculum!
* Do you want to work in a rewarding, diverse and progressive environment.
If so Career Teachers are recruiting for a SEN Education Assistants to work in a Secondary Schools across South East and East London.
Ideally you will have some knowledge or experience of working in a school environment or in an educational setting with young people.
This is a great opportunity to really make a difference with the students you support, its an opportunity with no limits and could be the start of your career path in Education and could be your spring board to that next step to teacher training or a role supporting at a pastoral, education mentor level.
You will be required to do the following;
- Support SEN students on a 121 basis in a classroom setting providing stability and a safe, positive classroom environment
- Work is set it is your responsibility is to ensure that students you are supporting are focused and remain on task.
- You will have a positive approach to managing student's behaviour.
- You will be consistent in following the school policies on behaviour management.
- You must also be able to follow instruction and the work set by the class teachers, who you will work closely with.
- You will be flexible to support across the different subjects/lessons.
- Engage with the students you are supporting, providing your learners access to the curriculum.
- Assessing young learners and their understanding of the work set.
- Recognising the achievements of the young learners you support.
Skills important to the role:
- To be resilient.
- To have a positive attitude.
- Have experience supporting SEN students, Autism, ADHD, n a mainstream setting
- Ability to keep students focused and to remain on task
- To have high standards and expectations.
- To be mind full
- To have awareness and be understanding
- To listen
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply with your CV application to be considered for this role to Lois Grady at Career Teachers.
Career Teachers provide ongoing CPD and support to all staff registered and working in schools and education environments, and support you in what you do!
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
your application has been submitted