Maths Teacher Kent SecondaryMaths Teacher Kent locationSecondaryMaternity post January 2020This is a temporary Maths opportunity, teaching Key Stages 3 and 4 and some KS5 pupils.You...
A good secondary school in Kent are working with Career Teachers to recruit a Maths teacher to start in January or earlier, on a permanent basis. The school are looking for a passionate and skilled teacher with experience of delivering Maths KS3-5. This presents a wonderful opportunity for either an NQT seeking their first role, or a more experienced teacher looking for a new challenge.
This large, mixed secondary school is part of a trust of like-minded schools in Kent, which has exceptional transport links to both London and the continent. The school's most recent Ofsted rating was good and their aim is to move to outstanding by the next inspection. The leadership team has set clearly defined priorities to enable this to happen and their drive and focus ensures that pupil progress at the school is good. The behaviour of pupils at the school is also good - teachers have high expectations for pupil conduct and well-developed systems and policies are in place. These focus on promoting positive behaviour and a culture of mutual respect. Staff and pupils at the school are very welcoming and there is a culture of sharing good practice between colleagues in the department. CPD is personalised and focused, with access to regular developmental sessions.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Ideally have prior experience of teaching across KS3, 4 and ideally 5 (NQTs should refer to their placement experience when applying)
- Be passionate about teaching Mathematics and be able to enthuse pupils through stimulating and interactive lessons
- Have a dedicated and creative approach when planning lessons and delivering learning activities
- Differentiate effectively, ensuring that the needs of all learners are met, including those pupils on the EAL and SEN registers
- Promote positive behaviour and use a range of behaviour management strategies effectively
- Have a positive work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to your own development and a willingness to share good practice
- Create a fun, safe and inspiring learning environment, set high expectations of achievement and support pupils to reach their full potential
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, please apply here or visit our website - www.careerteachers.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact Career Teachers on 020 7105 3437 or our consultant to the school, Nicola Lacey, 07741 900686
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.